As the world watches the Ebola outbreak which has claimed 131 lives in the Democratic Republic of Congo, a World Health Organization (W.H.O). representative warned Tuesday the deadly malady may be disseminating faster than first thought. W.H.O. representative Dr Anne Ancia told the BBC the more the agency investigates, the clearer it becomes that cases have spread to other areas at a scale and speed not previously predicted..
Officials said more than 513 cases were suspected in DR Congo as of Tuesday, while one person has died in neighbouring Uganda. The emergence of cases in urban areas, the deaths of healthcare workers, significant population movement in the area and a lack of vaccines and therapeutics are the main cited reasons for growing fears, AP reports. The warning comes after W.H.O. chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus declared the outbreak a global emergency last week and said he was “deeply concerned about the scale and speed of the epidemic,” as Breitbart News reported.


