Father died from fentanyl poisoning on family holiday to Disney World

The head of an international information technology firm died on a family trip to Disney World after taking the potent synthetic opioid fentanyl, an inquest was told.

Philip Weybourne, 40, from West Malling, Kent, was in Florida with his wife and son when he was taken ill. He had gone to a bar alone but collapsed and was taken to hospital. Weybourne’s condition deteriorated and he died on the third day of the holiday.

An inquest was told that he had no underlying health conditions when the family left for the holiday in May. A post-mortem examination showed that the company director had fatal levels of fentanyl in his system, the hearing in County Hall, Maidstone, was told.

READ MORE

Join now!