The Daily Mail:
PICTURED: Man, 30, who shot dead a Georgia store cashier who told him to pull his mask up
- A cashier was shot dead after an argument with a customer in Georgia
- Victor Lee Tucker Jr., 30, of Palmetto, allegedly entered the store and argued with staff about wearing a mask
- Tucker allegedly left the store before returning and shooting the cashier dead
- An off-duty deputy who was working as security guard fired at the suspect
- The police officer was also hit twice during the firefight
- Both the suspect and the officer were taken to hospital
The afternoon horror happened at a Big Bear Supermarket in DeKalb, when the worker asked Victor Tucker Jr., 30, to mask up due to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation
Tucker refused and got into an argument with the woman before leaving the store without making a purchase, the report and GBI said.
The suspect then barged back inside and allegedly shot her in the head, authorities said.
Tucker hit the casher, killing her, before he was shot and injured by an off-duty officer, a 30-year veteran of the DeKalb County Police Department, who was working as a security guard.
DeKalb County Sheriff Melody Maddox said Tucker managed to fire back twice, hitting the off-duty cop both times.
The cashier, who has not yet been identified, was later pronounced dead at Grady Memorial Hospital, GBI said in a press release.