Flesh-eating bacteria results in foot amputation for Texas man


A daycare teacher in Houston had to have his right foot amputated recently, after it became infected with a flesh-eating bacteria.

Raul Reyes, 26, sought treatment at a clinic for what he thought was a blister on the foot after an injury at work, but instead was diagnosed with the flesh-eating bacteria, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Doctors had no choice but to remove the foot to save Reyes’ life, his wife Joseline Reyes said.

“The blister was covering his entire foot,” she said.

Read more at Fox News